What's in this article
Australia-based crypto exchange BTC Markets is collaborating with global payment service Mastercard to allow customers purchase crypto assets from its platform using credit cards.
- Partnerships between credit card providers and crypto platforms have been on the rise in recent months.
- In November 2021, Newsbsc reported a similar pact between Mastercard and three crypto firms to support crypto payments in Asia pacific. These include Coinjar, Amber, and Bitkub.
- One month later, we also reported the partnership between Mastercard and an Ethereum scaling solutions platform Consensys Rollups.
- The latest and probably the biggest of them all happened earlier this year as Mastercard agreed to support and power Coinbase’s NFT marketplace.
- The Australian crypto industry is bracing up for an assault of restrictions and taxes as government officials scramble to put regulatory measures in place. These regulations will be announced alongside the 2022 federal budget that will be announced tomorrow.